Thursday, July 29, 2010

Toblerone, Toasted Nut, and Cranberry Whole Cookies

I spent this morning making these amazing cookies. They are so yummy and completely guilt free, so I had to share the recipe below. It's actually an adaption of a recipe I found on Dr Oz.com, my favourite place to find healthy and creative recipe ideas -http://www.doctoroz.com/videos?tid=134&tid_1=All

Ingredients:
2 tblsp margarine
2 tblsp canola oil
1/3 cup Brown Sugar (I used Muscovado Sugar- it's unrefined, with a rich flavour)
1/4 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1 Egg
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
1 tsp Cinnamon
2/3 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 cup Oats
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 cup chopped Crasins
1/4 cup of lightly toasted roughly chopped nuts (here I used Almonds)
1/4 cup of Dark Toblerone (or any Dark Chocolate roughly chopped)

Preheat the over to 375' Fahrenheit. Mix all ingredients together then spoon onto tray and cook for 12 - 14 minutes.
This recipe should make about 8 medium cookies, but I doubled the mix to make more. If your looking for a healthy snack idea these are perfect, and they smell like Christmas x

No comments:

Post a Comment